Oregon's south coast is an increasingly popular recreation and retirement destination.
Gold Beach is the seat of Curry County with a population of approximately 2,000 residents that enjoy slower pace and moderate climate surrounded by stunning scenery and a bounty of unspoiled natural resources.
Gold Beach is off the beaten path and not suited for everyone.
Yet, that is the beauty of it...
Gold Beach and the Southern Oregon Coast...is located amidst these world-class features:
* Three Wilderness Areas
* Five Wild & Scenic Rivers
* Thirteen Oregon State Parks
* Oregon Islands National Wildlife Refuge
* Siskiyou National Forest
FACTS ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
1. Miles of pristine beaches with the most public accesses of any State along the Oregon Wild Rivers Coast yet we´re uncrowded.
2. Curry County makes up 25% or Oregon´s Coast with the highest density of
Oregon State Park beaches and tide pools teeming with fascinating creatures, part of the Oregon Coast Trail system.
3. Gold Beach has excellent and immediate access to the lower Rogue River.
4. The Rogue River offers outstanding Salmon and Steelhead, Trout (restricted at times) and Sturgeon fishing.
5. The Rogue Reef has some of the best bottom fishing on the North American Pacific Coast and is home to the second largest Stellar Sea Lion rookery south of Alaska.
6. Gold Beach offers several golf courses, ranging from world-class to a friendly, local nine-hole, all located within a one hour drive: Bandon Dunes, Salmon Run, Cedar Bend, Del Norte
7. The Siskiyou National Forest is our backyard, touted as the most biologically diverse, intact forest in the contiguous states hosting 2 ½ times the average number of plant species than other national forests.
8. Curry County is 1,648 square miles, more than half of which in National Forest.
9. Five federally protected Wild and Scenic Rivers are located within 100 miles of Gold Beach: Elk, Rogue, Chetco, Smith and Klamath
10. Oregon Islands National Wildlife Sanctuary encompasses all the islands and sea stacks off our coastline.
11. Resident Gray Whales are sighted, year around, off the Southern Oregon Coast in addition to the seasonal migration of the herds. Whale watching is spoken here.
12. Curry County provides habitat for more than 250 bird species and is home for the Kalmiopsis Audubon Society
Dont Miss a New Listing Again!
Already registered? Login
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information NOT Shared*
Karl K. Nettgen
Century 21 Agate Realty
29642 S. Ellensburg Ave. P.O. Box 127
Gold Beach, Oregon 97444
Licensed in the state of Oregon
Live on the Southern Oregon Coast!